-
March 8th, 2004, 11:53 PM
#31
Inactive Member
-
March 9th, 2004, 03:39 PM
#32
Inactive Member
Maybe it has to do with target-audiences. Cultural differences that make you interpret films differently.
For instance, you will not find a single Dutch person that enjoyed Zoolander. (At least, I hope so. Maybe someone with a severe brain-injury.) Must've been a cultural barrier.
And apparently Americans rarely enjoy Muriel's Wedding. Can't see why not, it's brilliant.
-
March 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM
#33
HB Forum Owner
And why release different cuts of a movie in Europe, America, and Asia? I have two versions of the same movie..ones American and the other is the European version and both are different in that one would have scenes in it that the other doesnt and visa versa..
-
March 9th, 2004, 04:48 PM
#34
HB Forum Owner
Oh and they were both released at the same time too so you cant say that one was a Directors cut..
-
March 9th, 2004, 10:43 PM
#35
HB Forum Owner
I didnt like Muriel's Wedding the first time I saw it but the second time I sat down to watch it I really enjoyed the movie..
-
March 10th, 2004, 01:06 AM
#36
HB Forum Owner
"Dellamorte Dellamore" supposedly translates to 'Of Death, Of Love' in English. Nobody is gonna rent a gory Italian comedy/zombie film that sounds like a chick-flick!
-
March 10th, 2004, 07:17 PM
#37
Inactive Member
That's true. Maybe "the love of being dead" is better.
Although that might attract all the necrtopheliac weirdos...
I liked Muriel all three times I saw it. I had this thing for the South African swimmer guy that had to marry her. And I just LOVED Toni Collette. "I'm not nothing!" Emberassing yet sympathetic. Great movie.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks